Wednesday, January 28, 2009

|One More| charlotte, nc photographer

A few days before our snow day, I noticed a flower bush in front of our house had buds all over it. I couldn't believe it! It's not cold here compared to other states, but it gets pretty chilly so I was surprised to see these pretty little bright pink buds growing. In North Carolina, our weather is very fickle. One day it'll be 70 degrees, and the next it'll be freezing, or in this case, snowing. I thought this was the perfect picture to describe NC and it's crazy weather. This wasn't a spontaneous spring snow shower. It's winter here, full blown winter since the coldest days usually kick in around January around here. How pretty are these perfectly bright pink buds covered in snow? They are dead now. They couldn't survive in those freezing temps, but I look forward to seeing them again soon.

4 comments:

thousand words photography said...

gorgeous!!

kg.leaf photography said...

I just love the colors! Oh, and I LOVE your new blog layout!

kg.leaf photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.E. said...

Ohh this is so pretty